- BIML Movie Collection
- European DVD
- Fiuto di Sherlock Holmes 6. DVD 1985 Sherlock Holmes a mesterkopó 6. (Sherlock Hound ) / Directed by Miyazaki Hayao / Japanese-Italian cartoon series / Episodes 16-18
Fiuto di Sherlock Holmes 6. DVD 1985 Sherlock Holmes a mesterkopó 6. (Sherlock Hound ) / Directed by Miyazaki Hayao / Japanese-Italian cartoon series / Episodes 16-18
Fiuto di Sherlock Holmes 6. DVD 1985 Sherlock Holmes a mesterkopó 6. (Sherlock Hound ) / Directed by Miyazaki Hayao / Japanese-Italian cartoon series
REGION 2 PAL DVD
MADE IN THE EU
AUDIO: Italian 2.0, HUNGARIAN 2.0
TOTAL RUNTIME: 75 MINUTES
Sherlock Hound (名探偵ホームズ, Meitantei Hōmuzu, lit. "Famous Detective Holmes") is an Italian-Japanese animated television series produced by RAI and Tokyo Movie Shinsha, based on Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series where almost all the characters are depicted as anthropomorphic dogs. The show featured regular appearances of Jules Verne-steampunk style technology, adding a 19th-century science-fiction atmosphere to the series. It consists of 26 episodes and aired between 1984 and 1985.
Lord George fiatal korában kalóz volt, és saját csapatot hozott létre az Északi tenger kalózaiból. Ám a fiatalember ellopta társai kincsét, és visszatérve hazájába új életet kezdett. Évekkel később, amikor lányával egy hajón utazik, viking kalózok veszik üldözőbe. Egy fenyegetés után a lord félti maga és lánya életét, ezért a zseniális detektív, Sherlock Holmes segítségét kéri...
Il fiuto di Sherlock Holmes (名探偵ホームズ Meitantei Hōmuzu?), conosciuto in Giappone come Meitantei Holmes e nel Regno Unito come Sherlock Hound, è un anime televisivo, adattamento dei racconti e romanzi di Arthur Conan Doyle sulle vicende di Sherlock Holmes, in cui tutti i personaggi hanno l'aspetto di cani antropomorfi, in particolare Sherlock Holmes è un segugio (hound, appunto).
È solo nel marzo 1984 che in Giappone vengono presentati due episodi della serie in accompagnamento alla proiezione cinematografica del lungometraggio campione d'incasso diretto da Miyazaki Nausicaä della Valle del vento (風の谷のナウシカ Kaze no tani no Naushika?). Questo riaccende sulla serie l'attenzione del pubblico giapponese, tanto da convincere la produzione a riprenderla affidando la regia dei restanti 20 episodi a Kyosuke Mikuriya.
Così, nel novembre del 1984, la serie in 26 episodi debutta finalmente in televisione: in Giappone su TV Asahi e in Italia su Rai Uno. La qualità del prodotto permette alla serie di diventare popolare anche in altri paesi e in terra nipponica il cartone ottiene un ottimo successo. In Italia invece essa passa praticamente inosservata, forse a causa, come sostengono i fan italiani, della disastrosa collocazione in palinsesto operata dalla RAI: nel primo passaggio televisivo, infatti, ogni episodio era "spezzato" in quattro parti da 5 minuti ciascuna, tanto che erano necessari 4 giorni per vedere la fine di un episodio completo (della durata media di 20 minuti).
Episodes on Disc / Epizódok a lemezen:
|16||17||"The Secret of the Sacred Cross Sword"
"The Magic Castle! Holmes, Dead or Alive?" (魔城!ホームズ 生か死か?)
|5 March 1985|
|Hound and Watson are invited to the first unveiling of "The Sacred Sword of the Wizards" in decades, but when the safe containing it is broken into and the sword isn't even touched, it's up to Hound to figure out why.|
|17||20||"The Adventure of the Thames Monster"
"The Monster of the Thames River" (テムズ川の怪物)
|12 March 1985|
|A sea monster seems to be attacking ships on the River Thames and devouring them whole, and after a passenger goes missing in one of the attacks and no body can be found, Hound is called in to find him.|
|18||18||"The Adventure of the Three Students"
"Blundered Operation at Loch Ness!" (ネスコに散ったドジ作戦!)
|19 March 1985|
|Hound must find three art students on holiday in London from France who have gone missing, while Inspector Lestrade tries to figure out why someone would steal artwork reproductions.|
|16 (17)||A szent kard
Madzsó! Holmes szeika sika? (魔城！ホームズ生か死か？; Madzsó! Hómuzu szeika sika?; Hepburn: Majō! Hōmuzu seika shika?)
|1985. március 5.||2008. október 19.|
|Miután egy nagy értékű kard körül betörés nyomait vélik felfedezni, Holmest és Watsont kérik fel a rejtély megoldására egy meghívó formájában. Mint kiderül a kard segítségével egy kincsestérkép hívható elő, s ezt próbálta megszerezni Moriarty, sikertelenül. Holmesnak azonban sikerül megfejtenie a térképet: a kincs a Stonehenge alatt lapul. Hogy útját állják Moriartynak, Holmes és Watson a kincs után ered, nyomukban az elvetemült professzorral, a Stonehengenél pedig találkoznak a szemben álló felek.|
|17 (20)||A Temze szörnye
Thames gava no kaibucu (テムズ川の怪物; Temuzu gava no kaibucu; Hepburn: Temuzu gawa no kaibutsu)
|1985. március 12.||2008. október 25.|
|Rejtélyes vízi szörny támadja meg a Temzén áthaladó hajókat. Holmes biztos abban, hogy szörnyek nem léteznek, így ismét Moriartyt sejti az ügy mögött.|
|18 (18)||A három diák kalandja
Ness ko ni csitta dodzsi szakuszen! (ネス湖に散ったドジ作戦！; Neszu ko ni csitta dodzsi szakuszen!; Hepburn: Nesu ko ni chitta doji sakusen!)
|1985. március 19.||2008. október 26.|
|Moriarty professzor három festőnek tanuló diákot rabol el, Holmes az eltűnt diákok nyomába ered. Ezalatt Lestrade felügyelő ellopott festménymásolatok után nyomoz. Felfedik, hogy Moriarty célja, hogy a diákokkal festményhamisítványokat festessen, majd azokat eredetiként aukción adja el.|
- Sherlock Hound (ホームズ, Hōmuzu)
- Voiced by: Taichirō Hirokawa (Japanese); Larry Moss (English)
- Just like his original incarnation, he has a genius intellect and is extremely knowledgeable in multiple fields. He keeps a cool and logical head despite the situation. Unlike his original incarnation, however, his only drug habit is smoking a tobacco pipe. He keeps his apartment a mess and is regularly conducting chemical experiments that lead to clouds of noxious fumes. He also seems to have feelings for Mrs. Hudson, as does the rest of the male cast. He drives a Benz Velo. He is a red fox, though rather tall for his breed.
- Doctor Watson (ワトソン, Watoson)
- Voiced by: Kōsei Tomita (Japanese); Lewis Arquette (English)
- Hound's loyal companion, he is a trained doctor who returned to England shortly before meeting Hound. He tries his best to help Hound as he can, but has difficulty at times keeping up with Hound, both mentally and physically, being a bit overweight. Watson is a Scottish terrier.
- Mrs. Hudson (ハドソン夫人, Hadoson-fujin)
- Voiced by: Yōko Asagami (Japanese); Patricia Parris (English)
- Hound and Watson's landlady. In most adaptations, Holmes's long-suffering landlady is shown as middle-aged or older, but in this version she is a comely widow in her 20s and a love interest of many, including Holmes, Watson, and Moriarty (mostly Holmes), and given the first name Marie (マリー, Marī). Her late husband Jim was a pilot and Hound finds her contacts in the world of aviation useful; many of the local aviators are also former buddies of Mrs. Hudson's late husband and/or have strong romantic feelings for the caring gentle-natured Mrs. Hudson herself, and so they are always eager to assist in any way she asks. Mrs. Hudson displays a serenely-dignified and level-headed personality comparable to Hound's; she can also be quite quick and resourceful herself when need be, plus she appears to be both an experienced high-speed driver and a crack shot with a revolver. Miyazaki actually wanted to present her as the real brains of Baker Street, running rings around both Hound and his enemy Moriarty, but he was overruled. Like many people in Hound's world, Mrs. Hudson is a golden retriever.
- Professor Moriarty (モリアーティ教授, Moriāti-kyōju)
- Voiced by: Chikao Ōtsuka (Japanese); Hamilton Camp (English)
- Hound's archenemy, Unlike the rarely appearing mafia donnish Moriarty in the books, this Moriarty is portrayed as working personally on his plans without any sort of support network and frequently encountering Hound and his allies, being the main antagonist in the majority of the episodes. Still an intellectual, he is a master inventor, often the one responsible for the steam punk technology seen in the show, including his personal "steam car", a tractor and tank combination rather than a car. His plans can occasionally be very complex or outlandish that rely on one questioning or linking together unusual acts, which is often how Hound figures out what Moriarty is up to. Sometimes he acts as a mercenary to other criminals who are after what he normally wouldn't steal. In this version, Moriarty resembles a gray wolf.
- Smiley (スマイリー, Sumairī)
- Voiced by: Mitsuo Senda (Japanese); Arquette (English)
- One of Moriarty's henchmen, created for the show. Smiley is tall, lanky, has something of a limited intellect, a thick Cockney accent and a positive attitude. In the episodes directed by Hayao Miyazaki, he is colored a pea green, while in other episodes, he's medium brown. Before working for Moriarty, he and George/Todd were members of the Bengal Pirates that appeared in the first episode, though they escaped being arrested with the rest of the crew. Smiley resembles some variety of scent hound.
- George/Todd (トッド, Toddo)
- Voiced by: Hiroshi Masuoka (Japanese); Moss (English)
- One of Moriarty's henchmen, created for the show George/Todd is small and squat, has a negative outlook on the situation, and is usually the first to criticize Moriarty or his plans. He is inconsistently called either George or Todd, sometimes within a single episode, early in the series, eventually settling on Todd. The two are often used for comic relief. Before they worked for Moriarty, he, along with Smiley, was a member of the Bengal Pirates that appeared in the first episode, though they escaped being arrested with the rest of the crew. George/Todd appears to be a pug.
- Inspector Lestrade (レストレード警部, Resutorēdo-keibu)
- Voiced by: Shōzō Iizuka (Japanese); Arquette (English)
- As Hound's go-to guy in the police force, he's also the first to call on Hound for assistance on a case. Though he is a well-meaning and passionate police officer, he's not the most attentive of people, and he also has a hotheaded and impulsive nature as well. He is usually assisted by several policemen in trying to catch and arrest Moriarty, but they always fail at trying to catch him and they seem to always end up landing themselves into comedic situations similar to that of the Keystone Cops. Lestrade is a bulldog.
|Genre||Action, Adventure, Mystery|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Hayao Miyazaki
|Produced by||Yoshimitsu Takahashi|
|Written by||Hayao Miyazaki
|Music by||Kentarō Haneda|
Tokyo Movie Shinsha
|Original network||TV Asahi (Japan)
Rai 1 (Italy)
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!