William Wilberforce: Exceptional Lay Leaders (Heroes of the Faith) by Lon Fendall
Decades before the Civil War brought an end to slavery in the United States, William Wilberforce was fighting to abolish the wicked practice in England and its colonies. As a committed Christian in Parliament, Wilberforce also set his sights on improving the morals of the English aristocracy, urging them to practice the 'real Christianity' that he depicted in his book A Practical View of the Prevailing Religious System of Professed Christians. His legacy is of a man ahead of his time - and of a politician who can be effective while being truly Christian.
- Series: Heroes of the Faith
- Paperback: 200 pages
- Publisher: Barbour Publishing, Incorporated (February 1, 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1586603957
- ISBN-13: 978-1586603953 / 9781586603953
- Product Dimensions: 5.2 x 1 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5.6 ounces
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!