Pink Floyd – Atom Heart Mother / Pop Classic / Euroton Audio CD / EUCD-0130
Atom Heart Mother is the fifth studio album by the English progressive rock band Pink Floyd. It was released by Harvest on 2 October 1970 in the UK, and by Capitol on 10 October 1970 in the US. It was recorded at Abbey Road Studios in London, England, and was the band's first album to reach number 1 in the UK, while it reached number 55 in the US, eventually going gold there. A remastered CD was released in 1994 in the UK and the United States, and again in 2011. Ron Geesin, who had already influenced and collaborated with Roger Waters, contributed to the title track and received a then-rare outside songwriting credit.
The cover was designed by Hipgnosis, and was the first one to not feature the band's name on the cover, or contain any photographs of the band anywhere. This was a trend that would continue on subsequent covers throughout the 1970s and beyond.
Although it was commercially successful on release, the band, particularly Waters and David Gilmour, have expressed several negative opinions of the album in more recent years. Nevertheless, it remained popular enough for Gilmour to perform the title track with Geesin in 2008.
|Atom Heart Mother||(23:46)|
||Mind Your Throats Please|
Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast
|2.a||Rise And Shine|
|2.b||Sunny Side Up|
|4||Fat Old Sun||5:24|
Pink Floyd (all instrumentation uncredited)
- Roger Waters – bass guitar (1–3, 5), classical guitar (2), lead vocals (2), tape effects, tape collages
- David Gilmour – electric guitar (1, 4–5), slide guitar (1–2), steel guitar (4–5), acoustic guitar (3–5), classical guitar (3), bass guitar, drums, percussion (4), lead vocals (4)
- Richard Wright – Hammond organ (all tracks), piano (1–3, 5), Farfisa organ (1, 4), Mellotron (1), lead vocals (3)
- Nick Mason – drums (1–3, 5), percussion, tape effects, tape collages, engineering (5)
- EMI Pops Orchestra – brass and orchestral sections (uncredited)
- Hafliði Hallgrímsson – cello (1) (uncredited)
- John Alldis Choir – vocals (1)
- Alan Styles – voice and sound effects (5) (uncredited)
- Ron Geesin – orchestration and co-composition (1) (uncredited)
- Peter Bown – engineering
- Alan Parsons – engineering (misspelled as "Allan Parsons" on the original sleeve)
- James Guthrie – 1994 remastering
Atom Heart Mother Suite (Mason, Gilmour, Waters, Wright, Gessin) 23:51 a. Father's Shout b. Breast Milky c. Mother Fore d. Funky Dung e. Mind Your Throats, Please f. Remergence (Instrumental)
Pink Floyd - A...Atom Heart Mother Suite (Mason, Gilmour, Waters, Wright, Gess...
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!