David Gilmour – Live At Pompeii / Sony Music 2x Audio CD 2017 / 88985464952
Listen to the crystal-clear performances of David Gilmour playing at the Pompeii Amphitheater on this exclusive CD box set. The concerts were the first-ever rock performances played to an audience in the ancient Roman amphitheatre, which was built in 90 BC and entombed in ash when Vesuvius erupted in AD 79. David Gilmour is the only performer to play to an audience in the arena since the time of the gladiators, almost 2,000 years ago. Experience the entire experience at home, in the car, or at work with this exclusive 2-CD deluxe boxset.
|1-2||Rattle That Lock||5:21|
|1-3||Faces Of Stone||6:00|
|1-4||What Do You Want From Me||4:30|
|1-6||The Great Gig In The Sky||6:02|
|1-7||A Boat Lies Waiting||4:55|
|1-8||Wish You Were Here||5:18|
||In Any Tongue||7:47|
|1-12||One Of These Days||6:32|
|2-1||Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 1-5)
|2-2||Fat Old Sun||6:05|
|2-3||Coming Back To Life||7:18|
|2-4||On An Island||7:01|
|2-7||Run Like Hell||7:16|
|2-8||Time / Breathe (In The Air) (Reprise)||6:45|
- Art Direction – Gavin Elder
- Bass, Double Bass, Vocals – Guy Pratt
- Creative Director [Creative Direction] – Polly Samson
- Design – Blade Design Ltd.
- Drums, Vocals – Steve DiStanislao
- Guitar, Vocals – Chester Kamen, David Gilmour
- Keyboards, Vocals – Chuck Leavell, Greg Phillinganes
- Management [Managed By, At] – One Fifteen
- Management [Managed By] – Paul Loasby
- Mastered By [Audio Mastering] – Andy Jackson
- Mixed By – Andy Jackson, David Gilmour
- Mixed By [Assistant] – Damon Iddins
- Photography By [Booklet] – Gavin Elder, Polly Samson, Sarah Lee (3)
- Photography By [Cover/Back & Booklet] – Anna Wloch
- Producer – David Gilmour
- Recorded By [Live Recording] – Damon Iddins
- Saxophone, Guitar – João Mello
- Vocals – Bryan Chambers, Louise Clare Marshall, Lucita Jules
About the Artist:
David Jon Gilmour /ˈɡɪlmɔːr/ GHIL-mor; born 6 March 1946) is an English musician who was a member of the progressive rock band Pink Floyd. He joined as guitarist and co-lead vocalist in 1968 shortly before the departure of founding member Syd Barrett. Pink Floyd achieved international success with the concept albums The Dark Side of the Moon (1973), Wish You Were Here (1975), Animals (1977), and The Wall (1979). By the early 1980s, they had become one of the highest-selling and most acclaimed acts in music history; by 2012, they had sold more than 250 million records worldwide, including 75 million in the United States. Following the departure of Roger Waters in 1985, Pink Floyd continued under Gilmour's leadership and released three more studio albums. (
Gilmour has produced a variety of artists, such as the Dream Academy, and has released four solo studio albums: David Gilmour, About Face, On an Island, and Rattle That Lock. He is also credited for bringing singer-songwriter Kate Bush to public attention. As a member of Pink Floyd, he was inducted into the US Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1996, and the UK Music Hall of Fame in 2005. In 2003, Gilmour was made a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE). He was awarded with the Outstanding Contribution title at the 2008 Q Awards. In 2011, Rolling Stone magazine ranked him number 14 in their list of the greatest guitarists of all time. He was also voted number 36 in the greatest voices in rock by Planet Rock listeners in 2009.
Gilmour has taken part in projects related to issues including animal rights, environmentalism, homelessness, poverty, and human rights. He has married twice and is the father of eight children.
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!